Although the AMHA owns properties itself, the participation of Landlords and Owners in the Section 8 Program is essential to the continual success of the Housing Choice Voucher program
Some of the benefits of a Landlord in the Section 8 program include free property advertisement through a listing on the AMHA’s web site, guaranteed rent payments, free property management training, and free technical assistance.
Becoming a Section 8 Landlord is an easy 5-step process
1. Find Section 8 voucher program tenant
2. Owner/Landlord approves the tenant
3. AMHA approves tenancy and Unit Passes Housing Quality Standards (HQS)
4. Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contract and Lease are signed
5. Housing Assistance Payment sent to Owner/Landlord